Second Chance Learning Academy was created to enable people from all walks of life to succeed and thrive. We recognise that not everyone is thriving, or reaching their potential. We focus on enabling people to be more self-aware and develop the mindset and behaviours that underpin being able to thrive in all areas of life. Our mission is to empower, enable and equip those who feel ‘stuck’ to positively move forward: to achieve personal, social, learning, health and economic wellbeing for the benefit of themselves, those around them and our communities.
Trained equipped2succeed facilitators provide transformational programmes within our communities and communities of need.
Our drive comes from being passionate about enabling people who have been set back, or held back, to realise potential, succeed and thrive.
Our aims are;
- Enable people to be more self-aware and develop the mindset and behaviours that underpin being able to thrive in all areas of life through our equipped2succeed employability and holistic wellbeing programmes.
- Empower and support past participants to deliver our equipped2succeed employability and holistic wellbeing programmes within their communities; combining our systematic training and delivery model with their relevant lived experience.
- Breakdown barriers to participation in development opportunities, education, training, employment, physical and creative activities.
- To be the leaders in personal development blended learning delivery models that work effectively within disadvantaged communities and communities of need.
- Build the capacity for more people to access our programmes by breaking down barriers which exist in in-person and online programmes. Increase access for people such as vulnerable mums with young children, those living with mental health challenges and those who need flexible accessibility.
- Be a leader in working with diverse groups of people and individuals.
- To continually build our existing participant peer support networks.